In 1847 the Anglican community in Port Dover was gifted land for the building of a church. Four years later with donations coming from as far away as the United States and England, St. Paul’s opened its doors to the faithful who had previously been gathering to worship in stores and homes.
St. Paul’s steeple became and remains to this day, a beacon of hope for returning fishermen. Over the years, St. Paul’s has withstood two fires. The most recent, in 1965, resulted in extensive damage to the chancel area, destroying both the organ and the stained glass window over the altar. Two years later, with renovations completed, the church re-opened, displaying a new pipe organ and a new stained glass window.
In 2021, St. Paul’s was honoured to receive and dedicate, The Fishermen, a new stain glass window, prominently positioned above the main entrance.